Monday, March 18, 2013

New Ideas to Entertain your Kids Beneficially 


Spring is coming now days and it is a great time to have a lot of fun.
Know, it's time for planting. 

The last time I went shopping grocery with my kids, I bought some vegetables seeds bags to plant with my kids. Then after that we bought soil and small containers, and we did the process of planting.
It was so fun for my kids to fill the containers with soil and to put the seeds in it. Because the weather still a little bit colder, I placed the graft near the window in their room. Every morning, my kids water the graft and look at it hoping that it will grow bigger each day. Actually, the graft is still unseen yet because it has been planted only a week ago. But, all of us are waiting until it grow and became mature to taste the work that my kids did.

1 comment:

  1. I love playing in the dirt; however I have had the most fun watching my children learn the miracles of growing things in the last fifteen years. http://www.amazon.com/Sunflower-House-Books-Young-Readers/dp/0152019529 This book is one of many that I tried on my children; however, it is one they will not give up because they've outgrown it. My first encounter with gardening and children was when my eldest was 18 months old. We took a gallon jug, cut it in half and grew our own leaf lettuce in our Bloomington apartment window. My daughter loved to help pick out her meals and once the plant was mature she had lettuce at least once a day. My son, now 10, is going to grow his own green beans this year. My step-mother-in-law is from China and taught me to cook the most delicious and nutritious green beans. The canned variety really zap the nutrients out of the vegetable so any fresh or frozen product I can get in their daily meals the happier I am. I knew all the time I spent digging my toes in the soil with these kids would pay off someday! Please post photos of the kids with their vegetable plants! I am also very please to hear that you were GROCERY shopping when you picked these seed packets up! Our society does not always point out where our food comes from. I feel that is so important for an honest appreciation for what we receive.

    I think my favorite memory of the kids "grocery shopping from home" was when I went out to collect eggs for the cookies I was ready to make. My eldest was about six years old and after watching me daintily don a leather glove so I could reach under one of my brooding banty hens, she stopped me. "Mom, if you move over I will show you how to get the eggs." She swiftly grabbed the hens by their tail feathers and lowered them to the ground, then all the eggs were collected, she turned to me offering the egg basket, "Now how about those cookies?"

    What's that old saying? Give a man a fish and he will eat for the night, show a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime... Something like that I believe.

    ReplyDelete